Sunday 12 January 2014

American Secret Santa Swap!

Nearing the end of November - just gone, 3 gorgeous girls; Gemma from Miss Makeup Magpie, Laura from Tease Flutter Pout and Danielle from Miss Sunshine and Sparkle organised a bloggers Secret Santa project.

Within the project there were 3 different categories. 
1. The usual Secret Santa, where you do not know who your Santa is.
2. Non Secret UK swap, where you are just doing a swap with someone from the UK.
3. International swap, where you swap with someone from another country.

The one thing they all had in common were they were all done for Christmas.

I decided I would love to do a Christmas swap with someone from America. So after the 3 girls sorted out paring everyone up, I found out I would be doing a swap with the lovely Kate from Kate Spitz.

We chatted for a bit and made some arrangements, and then we settled on a price of £80 / $130
We both sent each other a shopping list of items we wanted to receive, but left some spending room for the other person to pick out a few extra bits as a surprise. 

After buying all the items we both sent each others parcels on the same day.
I received mine just before Christmas and was delighted with everything I received.



Kate sent me this gorgeous card, which I now have stood up on my dressing table.



 I received this cute REN - The Fab 4 skincare set, which I asked for. I had been wanting to try out some of REN's skincare for a while, but wasn't sure what product to try. So I decided to ask for this set of mini's so I could try a few of them out.

Kate also sent me this Boscia Bright White Mask, which I am excited to try out.



 I was very happy to receive this from Kate, as I originally put this on my list of items I wanted.
It is one of the NYC trio's in Central Park Plums.



 Kate sent me this lovely pink ELF lip stain and a Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm in the shade Whimsical. 



Kate also kindly sent me this Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips, which looks absolutely gorgeous.



I have been wanting to get this Anastasia Brow Wiz for a while now, so was really pleased Kate got me this from my list.




Any chance to get a MAC lipstick cheaper than it is here in the UK. 
I have been trying to narrow down all the MAC lipsticks I want, so when choosing which one to ask for I took to twitter. I asked between this and a couple of other shades and this beauty came out on top. So now I am the proud owner of MAC rebel lipstick.



Oh How Gorgeous!
As soon as I knew I as doing a swap with an American I knew I had to get something from Tarte.
I had heard numerous reviews about their blushers so I decided to ask for two.
I got the Amazonian clay 12-hour blushes in Exposed & Dollface.



So that's everything I got from my American Swap, please let me know if there's anything you would like me to do a review on.


A big thank you to Gemma, Laura and Danielle for organizing the Secret Santa project.
&
A big thank you to Kate for being an amazing partner for the swap.



I would love for you to check out all the girls blogs, and you can see what I sent Kate here.



Love Charlotte xxx

7 comments:

  1. Omg what an amazing swap! I really wanna try those amazonian clay blushes they look gorgeous xx
    www.dolleduplondon.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some beautiful products, I really hope Tarte come to the UK soon x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw wow you're so lucky you got some gorgeous things I wish that I'd taken part in one
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is a fantastic swap, I would have been totally chuffed with that x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear that you liked your package!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun secret santa :) really lovely presents!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the lovely comments! I read and am grateful for every single one of them ❤