Sunday 1 December 2013

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas - A big Christmas TAG!

Now that is the 1st December, I can finally start talking about Christmas. My dad's birthday is on 30th November and he bans my family from mentioning it until after his birthday. 



Also it is now Officially Blogmas! I am taking part in the #bigblogmasproject - see post here.
Keep updated with the hashtag #bigblogmasproject and follow BBlogmasproject on twitter.




To start of Blogmas I will be doing a Christmas TAG.
I have seen many floating about, so I have complied all the questions into this one post.


What is your favourite thing about Christmas?
Spending time with the family! 
Its a time when we get to all be together without any interruptions and enjoy the happy time of year & eat lots of food!



Do you have an advent calendar? 
Yes I have a Boots Beauty Calendar, a Milky bar Chocolate one and also a Dairy Milk one too.



What time of the year do you start your Christmas shopping?
Middle of November, depends if I have spotted something I think somebody would like while shopping. 



When do you start decorating for Christmas?
Normally the second week of December and it is a big family event.



Real or fake tree?
Real tree. I just love the way real trees look, even the lob sided ones.. it just makes me feel all christmassy with the smell of pine. 
In my family we make a weekend out of choosing the Christmas tree. The five of us all go out to a local place, where we will spend quite some time looking at all the trees, trying to decide which one we want. Then after bringing it home and setting it up, we leave it to sit over night so the branches will drop. The next day we will then put all the Christmas decorations up and decorate the tree.



Handmade or bought Christmas cards?
I'm going to have to say brought, they always look so pretty but if I have the material to hand I will normally make some.



Giving or receiving presents?
I love both! It's always nice to receive presents and get excited by wondering what you are going to have. But I love the wonderful feeling of giving someone a present, especially after you have spent your time choosing a present and wrapping it up.




Do you open your presents in the morning or evening?
We always open our stockings first thing in the morning, and then we spread opening the rest of the presents throughout the day.



What's your favourite Christmas song?
There are too many to just choose one, but here are some of my favourites:
Merry Christmas Everybody
Santa clause is coming to town
Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Santa baby 



What is your favourite Christmas film?
I completely love Miracle on 34th Street but The Santa Claus is also a favourite of mine, you can't get anymore christmassy than that!



What is your favourite makeup look for the festive season?
For me it's all about the gold and bronze colours. 
Using these colours I would create a smokey eye and wear it with a deep red lip or berry shades.



Christmas day fashion
Usually in the morning when we are opening our stockings we are wearing our new pajamas that we received as a present on Christmas eve. Then before breakfast we get dressed into our best party outfit -  need to find one for this year!

Winter clothes


What is your favourite Christmas food?
I love the full on Christmas dinner! 
Chocolate.



What's your favourite Christmas memory?
All of them, my memories of Christmas are just so wonderful.



You're in a coffee shop, it's December, what do you pick?
Normally I'd either have a Chocolate Cream Frappuccino or a Hot chocolate but I have spied some delicious looking drinks in Starbucks such as: Caffè Mocha, Orange Mocha & White Chocolate Mocha.



What Are Your Favorite Christmas Colors?
Red and Gold - Classic



Whats your favourite colour scheme for decorating the tree?
Again Red & Gold, very festive.



To mince pie or not to?
To not to mince pie, I just don't like them.



What's your traditional Sunday lunch?
We tend to alternative the meat we have each week.
But my favourite is Roast Beef.
We then have the usual vegetables; carrots, peas, leaks, broccoli, cauliflower, roast potatoes and mash potato.
Then depending on what meat we are having we add the following; Yorkshire puddings, sausages, pigs in blankets, courgettes, vegetable bake, patty's and lots of gravy!
 


What is your favourite Christmas drink?
Probably Hot Chocolate.



What is your favourite Christmas smell?
The pine from the real Christmas tree and Orange zest.



Have you ever built a gingerbread house?
No, but I would love to. Perhaps this year I will.



Do you have any festive recipes for food or drink you limit solely to the Christmas season to share?
I love to make a Chocolate log. I also love making truffles.
My favourite food to buy for Christmas is cheeslets, they are only sold at Christmas time.



Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? 
I have never tried Egg Nog so will have to say hot chocolate. I am curious to try it though.



Are you on the Naughty list or the Nice list?
Ooooh ;)
I don't think I have been too bad this year, so I am going to say Nice list.
 


What's the one thing you really want to get from Santa this Christmas?
From Santa I would really love a two way headphone adapter. I ask for this every year and receive it but somehow always end up loosing it.



Who is your favourite person to buy presents for?
My sister Annabelle, I always know what to get her and love going out choosing loads of things.



What is the weirdest gift you have ever received?
A pack of tissues. Yes they were lovely and pretty decorated but a pack of tissues?! I would just use toilet roll.



If You Could Only Buy One Person a Present This Year Who Would It Be? 
My boyfriend, he has done so much for me this past year I would want to treat him.



Have you ever had a White Christmas?
Once when I was really young, but I cannot really remember it. Would love to have one this year.



Do you hang mistletoe?
Yes, lots of kisses!



Where do you usually spend Christmas eve and day?
Usually at home with my immediate family. Sometimes we have family to visit or we going to stay at theirs. This year we are staying at home and my Grandma is coming to stay. 




I hope you enjoyed this post, feel free to comment below.
If you have read this then I TAG you.

Love Charlotte xxx

1 comment:

  1. such a lovely post, that white chocolate mocha sounds divine :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the lovely comments! I read and am grateful for every single one of them ❤